Jan 3, 2011

Bonne année!

To start this new year, I've decided to create this blog for sharing some information and thoughts about python coding in general and some software projects of mine.

My current project is ICE Explorer. The project involves writing a tool in python for displaying Softimage ICE cache data in a standalone OpenGL application. The tool reads ICE cache data files and display the data in an OpenGL 3D view. The tool is using PyOpenGL for viewing the 3D data and PyQt for the UI.

My goals with this project is to mainly experiment with python technologies such as PyOpenGL, numpy and PyQT and also to provide a tool to the community for handling ICE cache data in a 3D portable application.

This blog is intended to communicate programming ideas and to provide statuses on my projects. It's certainly not a daily diary, so you should expect some delays between posts! One of my goal for this month is to host the ICE Explorer code inside google.code to allow people to use the application and maybe to contribute as developers on the project.

Here's a screenshot of the tool:



Have a nice day!
-mab

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marc, just stumbled upon your new blog (via Guillaume's).

    This looks very cool. I've not used PyOpenGL or numpy so this is gonna be a great (and highly relevant) example for me to check out. Thanks a lot!

    Cheers,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete